Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gluten-free, Casein-free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies


Like my children, I eat gluten/dairy-free to make it easier to shop, cook and live. It also makes me feel better. What I miss the most is my favorite sweets, like peanut butter cups. Today, I put together this easy and delicious gluten/dairy-free treat that makes me miss those chocolate kisses a lot less.

If you have enough bars, you can kiss all 30 cookies with chocolate. If not, you can leave some of them almost kissed. Press the naked ones down lightly with a fork. They taste almost as good. Enjoy them! They don't last long in my home.

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Corn-Free)
Ingredients: 
1 organic egg
1 cup organic unsalted peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1 cup organic sugar (check for a vegan label)
1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
Enjoy Life - Boom Choco Boom dark chocolate bars

Directions:

Heat oven to 350. Lightly beat the egg. Add the salt, sugar and peanut butter. Mix with a fork. Scoop 1-inch balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Chop or break the chocolate bars and press a piece into the cookie. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment